Nursing & Midwifery HR
CUH has its own Nursing & Midwifery Human Resources department. The Nursing HR department is the first point of contact for the large number of nursing staff employed in the hospital and is an information hub for present and past employees in relation to employment related issues. Recruitment is a large function within the department, with over 200 nurses and healthcare assistants employed in 2016.
Nursing & Midwifery Human Resources works closely with the General Human Resources department within CUH campus and with HSE South’s Corporate HR. Corporate HR encompasses Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance & Development, Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Services.
Nursing HR Department
- Advice to nurse managers and staff regarding HR policies, terms of conditions of employment and legislation.
Administration functions carried out in the duty office are as follows;
- Handling of all general enquiries and administrative issues relating to staff attendance and employment issues.
- Nurses and Healthcare Assistants attendance and leave recording, monitoring and reporting.
- Agency bookings, Invoice tracking, recording and communication with various nursing agencies.
- Yearly validation of NBMI registrations for all nursing staff and updating staff records.
- Letters of Service / pay scale and salary information.
- File management for over 1500 staff.
- Delivery of the entire recruitment process from post advertisement, to the appointment of staff.
- The department works closely with General HR & the National Recruitment Service (NRS) to ensure efficient staff recruitment and replacement and identifies ongoing recruitment requirements.
- The collation and transfer of recruitment documentation to Corporate HR for processing of permanent contracts.
- The department has close links with salaries, incremental credit and the finance department.
- Works with The Centre of Nurse Education to help Implement a comprehensive induction package for all new employees in the CUH http://www.cuh.hse.ie/Research-Education/Nursing-Midwifery/Centre-Of-Nurse-Education/
- Close working with all nursing staff and nursing management to help create and maintain a positive employee relations climate.
- Plays a key role in supporting and implementing the hospital’s change agenda and supports the maintenance of industrial peace.
Areas Covered by Nursing HR
- Nursing Staff
- Healthcare Assistants
The Recruitment Department is located in the Admin Corridor, Ground Floor, CUH.
Hours of Service: 09.00hrs - 13.00hrs and 14.00hrs - 17.00hrs, Monday to Friday.
Contact Us: +353 (0)21 4922293
The Nursing HR Duty Office is located in the Admin Corridor, Ground Floor, CUH.
Hours of Service: 08.00hrs - 11.00hrs and 13.00hrs - 16.30hrs Monday. 08.00-16.30 Tuesday to Friday
Contact Us: +353 (0)21 4922108/22680