Paediatric and Neonatal
Chartered Physiotherapists specialising in the treatment of children provide treatment to inpatients and outpatients in CUH. At all times, the Physiotherapist is available to answer questions for children and their parents. The Physiotherapist may also teach parents some physiotherapy treatment techniques to assist with their childs’ progress.
Childrens' inpatient treatment focuses on:
- Chest physiotherapy - assisting children to clear secretions from their lungs and improve their exercise tolerance
- Hydrotherapy - moving and exercising in water to treat musculoskeletal, neurological, rheumatological and orthopaedic conditions
- Orthopaedics - educating children in the use if crutches or other aids following broken bones or surgery
Childrens' outpatient treatment focuses on:
- Musculoskeletal - assessment and treatment of a wide range of disorders causing joint or muscular pain. including fractures, strains and sprains.
- Neurological/neurodevelopment - assessment and treatment of children with development delay and other disorders such as dyspraxia ans development co-ordination disorder. Some children may then be referred on for physiotherapy treatment in a community service.
- Hydrotherapy - moving and exercising in water to treat musculosketal, neurological, rheumatological and orthopaedic conditions.