The Laboratory Medicine services at CUH are committed to providing the highest quality diagnostic and consultative services for all its users.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide analytical and consultative information - to assist in the diagnosis of clinical problems and the monitoring of disease progression and treatment.
- To monitor the quality of service by maintaining standards set by national and international peer group organisations.
- To participate in continuous quality improvement.
- To assess and improve service to clinicians and patients, and to educate clinicians in the appropriate utilisation of laboratory procedures.
- To participate in the training and education of laboratory personnel, medical residents and other health care professionals as required.
- To perform appropriate developmental and research projects consistent with the expertise of the department.
- To ensure that the working environment and laboratory equipment is constantly monitored to ensure the safety of the employees and visitors.