The Application & Recruitment Process
Permanent and Temporary Registered Nursing Post interviews take place on a weekly basis in CUH.
Contact CUH Nursing & Midwifery HR
Tel: + 353 (0)21 4922116 Or + 353 (0)21 4922293
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or www.Irishjobs.ie
All nursing and midwifery vacancies are advertised through the following websites: publicjobs.ie, Irish Jobs.ie and the HSE website http://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/Jobs/Job_Search/
CUH has a structured recruitment process for nurses seeking permanent and temporary contracts. Face-to-face interview or skype interviews (for those outside Ireland) are carried out each Friday for the most part. Occasionally, interviews for specific areas are carried out.
Interview / Appointment Process
The application process for applying for nursing positions at Cork University Hospital is as follows;
- Apply directly to CUH by submitting your CV to Nurse Recruitment email@example.com
- Outline your experience to date and any specialty experience you may have.
- Include your Nurse & Midwifery Board of Ireland Registration status
- Include the names and contact details for at least three referees
All CVs are reviewed by Senior Nursing Management.
Nursing recruitment will contact each applicant to confirm if s/he has been short-listed for interview
- If short-listed, the candidate will be invited to attend for interview.
- Please bring a valid form of identification (e.g., passport, drivers license) to the Interview.
- Interviews are competency based, and are carried out in line with Recruitment Legislation
- Following the interview process, a panel of suitable candidates is created.
- The candidate is contacted by email confirming the interview result.
- If successful you will be asked to submit the relevant recruitment documents.
- Employment is subject to satisfactory documentation and probation.
Useful Information For Nurses Working In Ireland For The First Time
Each year we welcome many nurses from overseas to CUH and endeavour to make your transition as smooth as possible.
- To obtain a PPS number, ring 1890 927999 or refer to www.welfare.ie
- Once you have the PPS number, you will need to contact the tax office and request a Tax Credit Certificate. Telephone 1890 22 24 25. They will ask you for your PPS number and the employer’s registered number
- You will need to have an address to get a bank account. Banks will not accept the address of hotels or B&Bs. As soon as you have your accommodation sorted, Nursing Recruitment can issue a letter confirming employment. Most banks are happy to accept this as proof of residency.
- Nurses who hold an employment permit are required to register with An Garda Síochana - Immigration Office, Angelsea Street, Cork City. This office is open Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00. Tel: 021 4522086.
- Nurse and Midwifery Registration is mandatory employment requirement. NMBI Registration link https://www.nmbi.ie/Registration
- Working Visas must be arranged by the candidate
- Letters for Landlords maybe required from your employer – Contact the Nursing Recruitment Department.
- ID/swipe card for the hospital is issued by the Security Department on Tuesday mornings only. You will require your personnel number, which is issued by the nurse recruitment department once you commence employment.
- Websites for accommodation: www.daft.ie; www.choices.ie; www.myhome.ie.