The Portering Department provides an essential frontline service within CUH. The department consists of 150 personnel who are involved in a wide range of activities across the hospital campus on a daily basis. You can pick out the Portering Staff by looking for their blue shirts!
Essential services provided by the Portering Department include:
- Transfer of patients between to and departments within the hospital
- Transfer of patient specimens to the laboratory
- Assisting nursing staff in patient lifting and positioning
- Transport of supplies and food stores within the hospital
- Cleaning and sterilisation of operating theatres
- Collection of blood and other products from the blood bank
- Collection/delivery of pharmacy products
- Transportation and maintenance of gas cylinders
- The Portering Department also employs a team of van drivers who transport specimens and equipment between hospitals and health clinics in the Cork area.
Access to Services
The Portering Services Office is located on the first floor of the hospital, just past the main reception. If you require assistance from the Portering Services upon arrival at the hospital please ask for us at reception.
Frank Power – Portering Services Manager
Eamon Murphy – Portering Services Officer
John Cahill – Portering Services Officer
If you need to get in touch with the Portering Services Office, one of the team can be contacted by calling 021 – 4922103.