The HR Offices are located in the Admin Building at the back entrance to the hospital grounds.
Hours of service are from 09.00hrs – 13.00hrs and 14.00hrs – 17.00hrs, Monday to Friday.
Tel: 00353 (0)21 4922070
CUH has its own Human Resources function and works with HSE South/ South West Hospital Group HR, which encompasses Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance & Development, Occupational Health and EAP, to support the day to day delivery of effective human resources services and policies.
The Human Resources Department
- Provides expert advice and support to management and staff on all aspects of HR management and plays a key role in strategic planning in CUH.
- Provides support and advice to line managers on contractual and legislative entitlements and on compliance with national and local agreements.
- Develops robust employee relations and industrial relationships, to create and maintain a positive employee relations climate.
- Liaises with the Personnel Department to improve the Recruitment process to make it as effective as possible for managers and the personnel department to identify ongoing recruitment requirements. Manpower plans are being developed in particular relation to professions facing the greater shortages of staff or having problems with recruitment and the retention of staff.
- Assists in the recruiting of replacement and newly approved posts and implementation of a comprehensive induction package for all new employees in the CUH
- Endeavours to attract, develop and retain the best people by adopting vigorous recruitment and retention measures to ensure that we deliver a high quality service to the public.
- Gives advice to managers and employees regarding HR policies, terms of conditions of employment.
- Administers temporary employment contracts.
- Provide information that internal and external stakeholders rely on for control, monitoring and workforce planning
- Plays a key role in supporting and implementing the hospital’s change agenda and supports the maintenance of industrial peace.
- Supports the partnership model of staff involvement in decision-making.
Areas Covered by General HR
Health & Social Care Professionals
- Biomedical Engineering
- Blood Transfusion
- Laboratory Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Physics/ Dosimetry
- Radiation Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech & Language
The clerical administrative staff in CUH provides an administrative support service to all Clinical and General Support functions throughout the hospital, in addition to the Governance and Management structure.
- Catering Department
- Housekeeping Department
- Portering Department
- Security Department
- HSSD Department