Physiotherapy Department Introduction/ General Information
Cork University Hospital
Phone Reception +353 (0)21 4922400 / Outpatients +353 (0)21 4922400
Gym +353 (0)21 4922405 / Fax +353 (0)21 4922836
Welcome to the Physiotherapy Department. The Physiotherapy Department provides a wide variety of both inpatient and outpatient services to patients in Cork University Hospital, Cork University Maternity Hospital, and to the Day Hospital and Rehabilitation Unit of St. Finbarr’s Hospital. The Physiotherapy Department is open for appointments and other enquiries from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5pm. An answering machine service operates out of hours. When leaving a message, please clearly state your name, name of the physiotherapist you are seeing if known and a daytime contact number.
About the Profession:
Physiotherapy is a health care profession concerned with human function and movement to maximise potential. Physiotherapists use evidence-based exercise and physical approaches to promote, maintain and restore physical, psychological and social well-being.
All Physiotherapists employed in Cork University Hospital are registered with CORU the Registry Body for Health and Social Professionals in Ireland (www.coru.ie).
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy
- Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Services for citizens in general
- Arthritis Foundation of Ireland
- Irish Heart Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Headway Ireland
- Volunteer Stroke Scheme
- Spinal Injuries Action Association
- National Council on Aging and Older People
- Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland
- Irish Carers Association
- Parkinson’s Association of Ireland
- Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Asthma Society of Ireland
- Irish pain Society
- Assist Ireland, Citizens Information Board
Please note that Cork University Hospital is not responsible for any information contained on external websites.