We offer a diagnostic, analytical and interpretative service for a large range of analytes in body fluids. Clinical Biochemistry deals with the biochemical basis of disease and the use of biochemical tests for its diagnosis, prognosis, screening and management.
The tests include:
- Routine Clinical Biochemistry e.g. liver, renal, cardiac, bone, glucose.
- Lipids, e.g. cholesterol, triglycerides.
- Endocrinology, e.g. thyroid function, infertility testing, pituitary disorders.
- Specific proteins, e.g. immunoglobulins, allergies, acute phase proteins.
- Therapeutic drugs,
- Cardiac markers,
- Calculated test parameters
As routine diagnostic laboratory, please note we do not process private occupational health screens, visa applications etc. The Department is actively involved in teaching students of medical science, science, and medicine. The Department has research and teaching links with the Munster Technological University’s Biological Sciences Department. It is also involved in collaborative research with clinical colleagues, international collaborators in the EU IST framework and postgraduate research is also carried out.