Managing Your Medicines
The “Managing Your Medicines” booklet is a patient information leaflet developed for Cork University Hospital in-patients and is available for download by clicking here.
The purpose of the booklet is to explain to patients the importance of:
- An accurate medication history at admission.
- Safe storage of Patient's Own Medication in hospital.
- Not taking Patient's Own Medication in hospital unsupervised.
The booklet also contains a number of sections where patients can document:
- If a medication has been stopped or changed in hospital, and the reason for this change.
- Any new medications, which may have started while they are in hospital.
It is hoped that this booklet will encourage in-patients to maintain an accurate list of their current medication, assisting them in a safe transfer from hospital to home.